- What's a Buttpad?
- A Buttpad is a sheepskin motorcycle seat cover.
It provides extended comfort to help you stay in the saddle longer! A Buttpad has no synthetic padding (these are not gel pads).
It is a piece of 100% natural sheepskin sheared to 22-27 mm (about an inch) and contoured to fit basic seat sizes.
The design is very simple:
The pad is held in place by a single strap and retained by two quick releases for easy removal. In addition to the strap, the underside is left natural (uncovered) in order to create additional friction to keep the cover from sliding around on the seat.
The strap remains under your seat for most bikes and is adjustable.This is a surface pad only, not an upholstered item (that's why it's called a "Buttpad"). Its simplicity also keeps the price down. All in all, Buttpads are used for riding comfort, either instead of or in addition to buying an expensive aftermarket seat, to enable us to stay in the saddle longer!
- Which Buttpad fits my bike?
- Please check our Application Chart page or our Installation Guide to find out!
- Why Sheepskin?
- Sheepskin is a natural product that works like magic. Often used in medical applications to prevent bedsores, it keeps your "buttbones" from burning and is cool in the summer, warm in cold weather, and reduces sweating. It's easy on, easy off, there are no moving parts, it has a universal fit, and it is not affected by rain! Even more, it's affordable.
- Sheared versus Long Hair versus Natural
- Neither is better, just different. The sheared is more efficient for cooling and comfort because it pockets more air, it has a more finished look and takes up less space when stowed. The long hair is long and shaggy, the fleece varies from 1 1/2 to 3 inches long. It sometimes gives more comfort because of its thickness alone. Natural comes in both sheared and long hair. We are currently out of sheared naturals.
Naturals are only tanned in small batches instead of large quantities like the dyed. It costs more than the dyed and is not always available. Each pelt is unique, ranging from light cream to spots to dark browns and greys. We are currently out of sheared naturals, they should be available by December.
- Which Colors are Available?
- Buttpads come in a variety of different colors!
Check out our Available Colors page to see the complete list.
- Is there gel in a Buttpad?
- Buttpads do not have any gel or synthetic padding. We do sell sheepskin gel pads, but we do not make them so we can't offer the same sizes and shapes in a sheepskin motorcycle gel pad as we do in our Buttpads.
- Care and Feeding
- Please see our Care and Feeding page for more information.